What Data We Collect
· Personal Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender and other.
· Business Identity Data includes company name, business entity type e.g. LLC, ownership
· Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
· Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
· Profile Data includes your username and password if applicable, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
How We Collect Data
· Physical Sign Up List
· Physical Forms
· Postal Mail
· Subscription to Site Service(s) or Publication(s)
· Electronic Sign Up List
· Electronic Forms
· E-mail Request sent to Us
· E-mail Request/Response sent to You
· Downloaded Documents from Site
· Competition, Surveys, Giveaways
· Comments through Site
· Public Sources e.g. Newspaper article
What are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
· Session cookies are temporary cookie files that expire when you close your browser or app.
· Persistent cookies are cookie files that remain until you erase them or they expire, which can be months or years after they were placed on your computer
What Cookies We Use
We may use both types of cookies to include but not limited to
· Facebook Pixel
· Google Analytics
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
How We Use Your Data
Process Orders or Request
Respond to Comments or Inquiries
Send Email Newsletter (Only For those Who Opted In)
Request Review of Site or Services
Request to Fill Out Survey
Provide personalized experience of Site use and Services
Send Invitations to Events
Communicate with you as prospect or existing client, supplier or collaborator
We Use “MailChimp” as our e-mail provider and if you opt-in to our e-mail list your e-mail will be shared with MailChimp by way of maintaining our e-mail list on MailChimp Site.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, services, positions, events and other news at Greater Houston Mentoring Alliance that may be of interest to you
Third Party Sites, Apps and Platforms
Our website may include links to third-party sites, apps, and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Clicking on any of those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control third-party sites, apps and social media platforms and we encourage you to read their privacy notices so that you understand how they process information about you.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We currently use the following third-party service providers:
MailChimp (E-mail Provider)
Elegant Themes (Bloom E-mail Opt-in Plugin)
ClickWP (Website Maintenance)
Various Website Designers, Marketing Services (Hired in Support My Business as Needed)
Your Data Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
· Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
· Request correction of the personal that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
· Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
· Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
· Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
· Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Site. Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Exclusions & Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law.
Greater Houston Mentoring Alliance excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or printed material; and excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.